Monday 29 August 2011

Recent bits and pieces about Sarah Palin

I was going to do one of my "Recent bits and pieces about Sarah Palin" posts and all I found was this:


The latest thing is still about Rove's prediction that she'll run and the rebuttal on Sarah Pac's blog.

As there isn't very much about her at the moment, and the major speech (will she, won't she?) at the teabaggers rally on September 3 has already been covered, I looked further ahead.


Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are going to defend the Republic. That's very strange. I didn't know there was a king or queen trying to usurp power in the US. Hey, they must know, being intellectuals and all that, and somebody has to prevent America turning into a monarchy!

Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are coming to town for a once in a lifetime event and you don't want to miss it.

Do not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to witness the fusion of two intellectual conservatives as they Defend the Republic on the Family Arena stage.

After I stopped laughing at the description of these two as "intellectuals," I turned my attention to the sponsors of the event: Hansen's.

I visited their website and in the section about pests and diseases, I found this:

It's frustrating to watch a tree that was once as strong and colorful fall victim to disease or insect infestation. Sometimes you can treat a sick tree; other times, removal is the best option. Either way, you have to know what you’re dealing with – and fast before it spreads to your entire tree or plant population.

I couldn't help comparing the diseased tree to the GOP...

*****

Unless Sarah Palin does something spectacular before September 3, we'll need to wait until then to have some recent bits and pieces about her...