Tuesday 1 March 2011

Open thread - Tuesday


mrsgunka sends me lots of funnies and this is a lovely one to share. These compilations of things children say or write are forwarded around the world and put a smile on many a face...

1. This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, 6)

2. Oyster's balls are called pearls. (Jerry, 6)

3. If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't
have ocean all around you, you are incontinent. (Kylie, 6)

4. Sharks are ugly and mean and have big teeth, just like Emily
Richardson. She's not my friend any more. (?? 7)

5. A dolphin breathes through an asshole on the top of its head. (Billy, 8)

6. My uncle goes out in his boat with two other men and a woman and
pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, 6)

7. Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful
and I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get
pregnant? Like, really? (Hellen, 6)

8. I'm not going to write about the ocean. My brother is always
crying, my dad keeps yelling at my mom and my big sister just got
pregnant, so I can't think of anything to write. (Amy, 6)

9. When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold and it makes my
Willie small. (Kevin, 6)

10. Divers have to be safe when they go under water. Divers can't go
down alone so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, 8)

11. On vacation my mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was
going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water shot up
her big fat ass. (Julie, 7)

12. My dad was a sailor on the ocean. He knows all about the ocean.
What he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my mom.
(James, 7)

Thank you, mrsgunka, it's good to share a laugh.

I found this video and I think it complements the children's little gems perfectly.



(The opening photo features my great nephew, Thomas)